Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Browse upcoming events and sign up for those that interest you on Careers Connect
Our autumn 2020 schedule of virtual events is updated every two weeks:
- Week 9-10_2020 Events List
- Week 7-8_2020 Events List
- Week 5-6_2020 Events List
- Week 3-4_2020 Events List
- Week1-2_2020 Events List
Find a Job
Find out more
Each year Careers organise, deliver and guest present at many events during the academic year. These range from CV or interview workshops, employer presentations, seminars on career areas with guest alumni and speakers from industry, large scale recruitment fairs, careers classes with individual programmes.
Graduate Jobs Fair - on 12th October 2020 our popular fair was held online.
Students could create a profile visible to exhibiting employers, visit the employer's virtual stall and engage in a conversation with representatives from the participating companies.
Graduate Jobs & Internships Fair - tbc Spring 2021
Students have the opportunity to chat to employers showcasing their summer and longer term opportunities.
Teaching Careers Fair - tbc January/February 2021
Students interested in teaching as a career can find out more about options for study and requirements.
PME students have the opportunity to meet hiring schools and ETBs, and options for teaching outside of Ireland.
Full details of each fair, and the list of exhibitors will be available on Careers Connect.#jobsfairNUIG
These one-off talks can take a variety of formats including
- an introduction to options given by a careers adviser
- a series of short individual presentations
- a panel discussion.
Speakers can include careers advisers, graduate employers, NUIG alumni, representatives of a professional body.
Find out what's on - see details of upcoming talks above, or log in to Careers Connect and update your profile to get automatic email alerts.
Individual employers host an event to promote the opportunities available within their company.
For 1st Semester 2020-2021, these will be live online events mostly hosted by the company themselves. Recordings may be available afterwards on their platforms.
Find out what's on - all upcoming presentations and activities are listed in Careers Connect update your profile to get automatic email alerts.#careerstalkNUIG
Facilitated by the CDC team or guests including graduate employers, these workshops allow students to hone their employability skills or application techniques.
These are live sessions incorporating Q&A that are bookable through Careers Connect, open to students of NUI Galway.
Topics include CV, Interview, LinkedIn, personal statements as well as other work-related skills and count toward your Skills Workshop element of the Employability Award.
Before the event:
- Make sure you register on time. A link to participate is usually sent well before the start time and you could miss out. Events such as fairs may entail setting up a profile as well, so allow yourself time if needed.
- Does the event have multiple exhibitors? Review the exhibitor list and note any live events and their times.
- Check what platform is being used and ensure you have the app or software pre-installed. CDC events are typically on MS Teams or Blackboard, but employers may also use Zoom, Youtube Live or other webinar platforms.
During the event:
- Ask questions - there is typically a chat option to ask a question (usually text). Keep the interaction professional and avoid slang/text speak.
- Save any links shared in the chat. The moderator may share weblinks being discussed during the event for future reference.
- It's best to attend 'live' if you can. This gives you the chance to ask your questions and get the benefit of the interaction and chat. This might not be available even if the event if recorded by the host.
- For webinars, your video and mic will likely be switched off but please check. It's always best practice to keep your mic off unless invited to speak by the moderator. In smaller groups, having your video camera on allows your host to engage more, however in larger groups this can create some tech issues and so may be disabled.
Some of our previous events have been recorded and are available on our YouTube channel.
Registered students can access recordings from the current semester through the Careers - information for students sharepoint visible through your OneDrive.
Events listings from recent years are available in our archive page.
Events are aimed at registered students of NUI Galway and your student card may be scanned, or pre-registration required.
Attendance is free to students.
Those about to graduate from NUI Galway are also welcome to attend.
Please note that these events are not open to members of the public.
If you are a graduate employer or alumni of NUI Galway and are interested in contributing, please see our 'Employers' page.